Christmas came to our house

>> Monday, December 10, 2007


Well, Friday night we gave into our cheaper side and went and purchased a fake tree. At first it was really hard for me to do. I love the smell of pine and I miss it, but I really don't miss having to water it, or all the money we spent on Sprite trying to keep it alive (does that really work anyway?). Then after the kids were all snuggled up in bed we set up a new toy train to go around our tree and by some small miracle we managed to find 4 C batteries to run it. You would have thought it was Christmas morning at our house. We had 8 inches of new snow and K came into our bedroom around 7AM very excited waking up T and telling him to come quick because he had to come and see the tree (T LOVES trains!). It really was just as fun as Christmas. But unlike Christmas, this was a surprise that the were not expecting. Which made it that much more exciting and fun for them. They love the train, and spend hours watching it go around the track. Then they spent another hour playing in that new snow!!

That was pretty much all it took, and now our house is a pretty jolly place to be around. I love seeing Christmas through my children's eyes. It really does make Christmas that much more special.

1 comments:

Me December 11, 2007 at 9:56 AM  

It's a little hard for me to do the fake tree thing too--but gets easier every year. I got a pine smelling candle for a present last year--and that has totally helped. I just put it on the candle warmer when setting up the tree, and it's just like having a real tree--except without all the sap, needles on the carpet, and allergies (as I'm allergic to the pine sap)!

Mary