When in doubt pull out the camera
>> Saturday, January 8, 2011
It seems that the older my children get, the harder it is to find the time to capture them in there day to day activities, you know those simple little moments that just make up the stuff of life. I was looking for another picture and came across these little gems. I love these pictures of T-bone, they completely capture his personality and it make me so happy that I took the time to pull out the camera and snap them.
It is my only goal for 2011... take more pictures of my own children.
I spend a lot of time taking pictures of children and I love it. It makes me really really happy. I love when parents come to me and tell me that I captured their child's personality or a special stage or age. But I find myself slacking when it comes to my own children. I was really good at it when I worked for Creating Keepsakes, but for the past two years I have completely let it go. So for the next year I have a goal of doing little mini sessions with each of my children once a month and I will post the results here with little tips and such about how I achieved the results. Sound like a good plan?
So here we go....
Window light: Grab one of your children and put them in front of a window, any window will do. In these pictures T-bone was literally about six inches from the window (people ask me that a lot, how close to put their subject to what ever light source they are using) I actually cropped out the window sill in order to achieve the look I was going for. It was cloudy outside and I need to get as much light as possible on him in order to get a good exposure and to ensure that the pictures would be nice and sharp.
Have any photography/camera/Photoshop related questions? With each of these post I will try and answer as many of your questions as I can. I am not an expert on everything, but I am happy to share what I have learned. So ask away!

2 comments:
Jackie, I love your New Year's Resolution! if I were to chose one for you I would have picked the same thing. I especially like the part where you'll be posting on the blog more often. I care about your words. i care about what you say. I love the photography tip... please, if you could write up a tip of the day in how to make your pictures better... I'd appreciate it. Love ya!
I like your tip idea!
Do you actually have the photoshop program? If so, do you use it on pretty much everything?
Post a Comment